Business Advantage Papua New Guinea has released an economic update which is very encouraging for PNG for 2019.
Notable points from the report are:
- Record LNG production is boosting government revenues while new resource projects are coming closer to realisation;
- Deals struck at APEC will boost infrastructure
- PNG’s debut sovereign bond has improved the country’s international standing
- PNG’s second city, Lae and the regions to get more attention
- The foreign exchange markets are gradually returning to normal
The Business Advantage 2019 PNG 100 CEO survey shows that more than three quarters believe that profits will rise this year, up from 65.6% last year.
For the full report click here https://www.businessadvantagepng.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BA-PNG-2019_lowres.pdf
Alex Simpson, our BCPM Ltd construction manager, is very optimistic about the year of 2019 and what we will deliver to Port Moresby this year.